SALEM: Five members of a family were charred to death after their house caught fire near Kuranguchavadi in Salem in the early hours of Friday.
The deceased have been identified as A Pushpa, 40, her brother Karthik, 38, Karthik’s wife Maheswari, 35, and their sons Sarvesh, 12, and Mukesh 8.
“The fire broke out when they were sleeping in the house located in the foothills of the Nagaramalai,” an officer at Suramangalam police station said.
The reason for the fire was yet to be ascertained, he added. He said it could have been caused by an electrical short circuit.
A case has been registered, and further inquiries are on.

Source link