An empty beer can was recovered from the car suggesting that the driver was drunk at the time of the accident.

GHAZIABAD: A 55-year-old resident of Indirapuram’s Gaur Green City was killed when a speeding car hit him near his society while he was taking a stroll lateFriday evening. The deceased Vinay Kumar Nirmal who was a chartered accountant by profession was dragged for about 100 meters under the car before the driver was forced to stop after a biker blocked its way.
As the car stopped, the driver along with another occupant fled the scene leaving the vehicle behind. An empty beer can was recovered from the car suggesting that the driver was drunk at the time of the accident.
According to an eyewitness, the deceased was trying to cross the road when he was hit by a speeding Swift Dzire car. “He was hit and trapped under the car but even then the drivers didn’t stop and drove the car for about 100 metres with the man. A biker passing by mustered courage and overtook the car and blocked its way” said Tinku.
“When the car stopped the driver and another occupant panicked and fled leaving the car behind, we rushed to the spot along with others and lifted the car and rescued him, he was bleeding from head and his back was badly bruised but was in his senses and called his wife informing of the incident” added Tinku.
Later Vinay Kumar Nirmal was taken to Shanti Gopal Hospital in a commuter’s car who offered to take him to the hospital.
Deceased’s brother-in-law Sanjeev Sirodhia said that he had gone out for an evening stroll near Tikona Park Saheed Devender Singh Marg in Vaibhav Khand when the incident took place. “At around 9pm Vinay had gone for a stroll after having his dinner and at around 9.30pm Vinay had called his wife informing that he had been hit by a car, he was out of breath while he was talking” said Sanjeev Sirodhia.
“His wife rushed to the spot and accompanied him to Shanti Gopal Hospital in commuter’s car. An empty beer can and water was found in the car, which clearly means the driver was in an inebriated condition,” added Sirodhia.
Doctors attending Vinay later said that he had lost too much blood and shortly after he was brought to the hospital he succumbed to his injuries.
The police are yet to nab the accused even after passage of 24-hours that also when the car’s registration number has been traced to Delhi address. “We have registered an FIR in the case. We are yet to nab the accused,” is all Sanjeev Sharma, SHO of Indirapuram police station had to say.
From the car’s registration number it was found out that it was registered in the name of one Shivam Dhama with address of Delhi.

Source link